Monday, January 23, 2012

Mekbib


Name

Mekbib’s family came from
Ethiopia, we
Know that is not easy to live in America.
Before we came here
It was easy to live,
But the only difference is the weather.

---------------------------------------------

My full name is Mekbib T. Guye. In this class please call me Mekbib. My native country is Ethiopia and my native language is Amharic. I can also speak English & Oromo. There are three people in my family; my wife, my son, and myself. My favorite food is Kitffo & Doro Wate. I like reading about philosophy and watching TV about sports, especially soccer. My favorite club is Arsenal in England/UK. I came to the United States in 2011 because I won a DV lottery. What I like about living in the U.S. is, there are so many things in my mind, but I like that most people are hard workers and tough and all people have equal rights. What I don’t like about living here is nothing. In my native country, I was a hard worker/metal welder & carpenter of furniture. In the U.S., I don’t have a job. I started coming to ESL class in the end of November. My purpose for coming to school is to improve my speaking skills and English in general.

No comments: