Monday, January 23, 2012

Coming to the US


I came to the U.S. in 2011 from Congo. The reason I came here is I won a U.S. visa lottery. I came here with my wife and four children. My trip was two days. First I went to Brussels and then to Chicago. I brought clothes, shoes and many documents with me. I planned to come to the U.S. On my first day in the U.S., I saw tall buildings and highways. On my first day in the U.S.,I felt very happy and I called my parents and brothers in Congo. The best thing about living here is I can have a good job and my children will have a good education because they study here in good schools. The worst thing about living here is the children are bad to their teachers. I am homesick for my parents and family in my native country. I don’t miss the politics in my native country. I wouldn’t like to go back to my country and live there. I like my new life in the United States.

Jean Claude

No comments: