Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter

Winter in my Country

Winter in Somalia is very different than winter in Minnesota because Somalia has no snow. There are showers four months a year. Four months in summer temperature is 100 degrees F. Sometimes it is very hot and it is not normal. Sometimes in the North of Somalia it is so hot people move to another city. Some cities are normal because there are many mountains. In my country there are three seasons: four months summer, four months spring and four months rain season. The spring is very different in Minnesota because it doesn’t get warm until May. Spring in Somalia is very beautiful. I like spring in Minnesota better than spring in Somalia. I like winter in Minnesota but it is different than in my country. The weather in Minnesota is cold. When I came to Minnesota, I saw the first snow.

Winter Break

On December 17, 2010, we had our last day of school. Our winter break started. Agnes saw a movie. Mai visited her family. Mehmed got money as a gift. Duaa cooked lots of food. Ivan likes winter. Liubovi doesn’t like winter. Mai ate pizza. Ola gave money as a gift. Viktar played games. We came back to school on January 3, 2011, after our two week winter break.

Leyla

No comments: