Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter in my Country

In my native country, Cambodia, winter begins in the month of October and finishes in the month of January. People always have fun and talk about the temperature. They make fire and sit around because they want to keep warm.
Winter weather in my native country is warmer than in US. Before I came to this country, I never saw snow. I was really surprised the first time I saw snowfall. I got the most beautiful view. I remember that time when I got up in the morning I looked out the window and saw the snow covering the ground and everything was nice.
Everything in US was different from my country.

Winter Break

On December 17, 2010, we had our last day of school. Our winter break started. Maria saw a movie at home and she ate pizza. She got money as a gift at Christmas. Victor doesn’t likes to make a snowperson but he really likes to cook lot of food and spend time with family. Aliaksandr played snowballs with children in front of house and visited his family. Mai stayed at home a lot and saw a movie. She gave a gift to everyone at home. During the winter break she went to a restaurant. Ivan didn’t watch TV at all but he slept a lot and ate some pizza. Sometimes he went to visit family and made food for them. He felt so happy when he talked a lot of English. We came back to school on January 3, after our two week winter break.

Titya

No comments: