Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter

Winter in my Country

In my native country Laos, winter begins in the month of November and finishes in the month of January. Winter weather in my native country is cold but we have no snow there. Winter in my native country city Phounsavan has no snow. When I was younger, I used to enjoy playing ball on New Year ’s Day. Before I came to this country, I had not seen snow. Something I don’t enjoy doing here in the winter is shoveling. The best thing about winter is sport: hockey, skiing, skating. The worst thing about winter it is dangerous to drive. I like winter in Laos better than in Minnesota.

Winter Break

On December 17, 2010, we had our last day of school. Our winter break started. Gisma saw a movie and visited her family. Ola got money as a gift and cooked lots of food. Lilian played snowballs with children and slept a lot. Liubovi went to a restaurant. Tina likes winter. Aliaksandr doesn’t like winter. Mehmed ate pizza. Senad gave money as a gift. Leyla played games. Maria made a snowperson. Duaa didn’t celebrate Christmas. Lon stayed at home a lot. Viktar went last–minute shopping. Agnes felt happy. Gennadiy visited friends. Ivan didn’t watch TV at all. Yolanda was very busy. We came back to school on January 3, 2011 after our two-week winter break.

Maiyia

No comments: