Monday, September 13, 2010

Santo Domingo


My name is Hector. I came from Santo Domingo. My country is next to Haiti and Puerto Rico. Santo Domingo has about 12 million people. When we have free time, we like to play dominoes, listen to music and cook. The weather in my country is tropical. We have nIce temperature; it is 80° to 85°. Sometimes it rains a lot. You can visit Santo Domingo anytime; it is great weather in my country. We have different typical food; you can get rice, mangu, tostones, chicken and sancocho. We have different typical jobs: doctor, lawyer, construction worker, pharmacist, and teacher. My country has a little problem; no jobs and medicine. What is better in my country than in U.S. is you can get a house; it is not hard to pay rent. Something that is better in the U.S. is making money and getting jobs. I miss many things from my country, for example my family and friends. My country is very interesting; we have many things: baseball, and golf. Every year we have a canaval festival.

Hector

No comments: