Monday, September 13, 2010

Laos


I am from Laos. My country is in Asia between Thailand and Vietnam. There are about 6 million people. People in my country are friendly and they always invite you to dinner or lunch at their house. When we have free time we like to sew Hmong traditional clothes. The weather in my country is always warm and humid. There is no winter. The best time to visit my country is during the cold seasons in America because it will be cool in my country at that time. The typical food in my country is rice, vegetables and boiled chicken. Some typical jobs that people have are teacher, doctors, flea market store owners and farmer. One problem that my country has, it is hard to find jobs and money because the economy is very bad. The best thing in my country that is better than in the U.S. is the house bills are very low or none at all. The fruit and vegetables are grown naturally. One thing that is better in the U.S. than in my country is finding jobs, food, and everyone has a car to drive. One interesting thing about my native country is the scenery is beautiful, and there are a few big stone jars and waterfalls.

Mai Yia

No comments: