Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Favorite Holiday

When I was a child, my favorite holiday was Christmas because it’s the day of my birthday. I celebrated with my family and friends together. A special way we celebrated this holiday was everybody wore new clothes and cooked and ate together. We celebrated birthdays in my country by being together with family. In my native country, New Year’s Day is celebrated on January 1st. the biggest difference between weddings celebrations in my native country and this country is people wear national clothes and have parties. In my native country, we exchange gifts at these holidays: Christmas and Birthdays. For me Christmas is special because I was born in December. The most popular holidays of the calendar year in my native country are new year, Independence day, and women’ s day. Of all the holiday in my country, I most enjoy Christmas because I also celebrate my birthday on that day. Since coming here, I’ve celebrated these American holidays: New Year, Christmas and Thanksgivings.

Godelive

No comments: