Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Favorite Holiday

When I was a child. My favorite holiday was Christmas. A special way we celebrated all week long before Christmas. In church kids sing Christmas and people give candy and cookies. We celebrate birthdays in Mexico by having family and friends over and kids breaking piƱata. In my country New Year’s Day is celebrated on January 1. The biggest difference between wedding celebrations in my native country and this country is people in Mexico celebrate one day before the wedding. In my native country we exchange gifts at these holidays. Los Santos Reyes gives gifts to the children only and Valentine’s Day we exchange gifts. The most popular holidays of the calendar year in my native country are Christmas. New Year and Easter Day. Of all the holidays in this country I most enjoy Thanksgiving because we cook a lot a food and give thanks. We should create a holiday to celebrate children because it is important. In my country we celebrate “Children’s Day” on April 30. Since coming here I’ve celebrate these American holidays Thanksgiving Christmas, new year, independence day and mother’s day.

Veronica

No comments: