Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Favorite Holiday

When   I was child, my favorite holiday was Eid, because   all my family gets together. A special way we celebrated this holiday was to wear new clothes, and give money to kids, and women. We celebrate kid’s birthdays in Yemen by having a party for family, and friends. The celebration of birthday is not very important for adult. In my native country, New Year’s Day is celebrated on different days every year, because our calendar is around Moon cycle. The biggest difference between wadding celebrations in my native country, and this country is that we have a lot of parties; this is our traditional holiday from many years ago. In my native country, we exchange gifts this holiday. In Eid because this is our Islamic holiday.  The most popular holiday of the calendar year in my native country is Eid. It’s very important to us, because we have to give the poor people money, food, and new clothes in this day. Of all the holidays in U.S. I most enjoy is the Christmas because my husband stays home. We should create a holiday to celebrate every Friday each week.  Because we have to go to the Mosque on Friday. Since coming here, I’ve celebrated these American holiday Thanksgiving, because there is a lot of clearance.

Amal

No comments: