Monday, August 29, 2011

Studying English

When I was a child, my father taught me basic English. Then I started studying English in Viet Nam in 2010. After one year, I came to The U.S. and continued to study English. The first time I came to school to study English, I felt nervous because there were a lot of people that came from different countries and spoke different languages. English is difficult because there are many verb tenses. Some words can mean different things and grammar changes a lot. For me, the most difficult thing about learning English is listening because there are a lot of varieties of accents. Sometimes when someone speaks English, they join this word to that word so I can’t hear everything. So I can’t speak English too. This year, I’ll try to speak better English than I can now, I spend three and half hours every day learning English at school but I don’t speak, read and write English outside of school. In my daily life, I have the biggest problem communicating in English when I go to a supermarket.

Thao

No comments: