Monday, August 29, 2011

Studying English

I started studying English in the U.S. in 2009. The first time I came to school to study English, I couldn’t understand people. Everything was new to me. English is difficult because there are so many verb tenses and the spelling, speaking and grammar are different. The most difficult thing about learning English is speaking. I do speak English outside of school. In my daily life, I have the biggest problem communicating in English when I talk to neighbors, doctors, or go to the grocery store. I think learning a second language is easiest when you are 5-6 years old because at this age you have a better memory. The best advice I can give someone who is going to study English is to learn a lot of words, listen and practice speaking, and to not be afraid to try. When I came here, I knew 20 words in English. I feel progress because when I first arrived here, I began to understand little.

Gennadiy

No comments: