Wednesday, August 10, 2011

About me

My full name is Zahrah Daloo. In this class please call me Zahrah. My native country is Iraq. My native language is Arabic. I can also speak a little English. There are six people in my family: husband, two girls, two sons and me. My favorite food is Kabbeb. I can make good food like okra with rice. I like reading books about language and animals. I like watching TV about news and sports. I came to the United States in 2009, because there was war in my country and here it is peaceful. What I like about living in the U.S. is a good job and here I can go anywhere with my family. What I don’t like about living here are the very cold winters because I never saw snow before. In my native country I was a housewife. In the U.S., I don’t have a job. I started coming to ESL classes on May 31, 2011. This day is special because it is my son’s birthday. My purpose for coming to school is to get a better job and connect with people.

Zharah

No comments: