Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I remember...

I remember my first day of school. I was 12 years old when I began school. I was born in Togo but when I was three years old, my parents brought me to my grandmother who lived in another country named Benim, very close to Togo. My grandmother didn’t have money to bring me to school neither did my parents. One day in 2001 my uncle Yaovi decided to bring me to school and I was very happy because I liked school. When I went to school, the director said I was too old and he couldn’t accept me. But by grace of God, he accepted me and I felt happy that day. I saw many students. That day I learnt alphabet and numbers. At that moment I said to myself that it was too late for me but that day I could say that it was never too late when life continues. I believed in God. I said he could change my life and he changed it. I will never forget that year because if I didn’t begin school that year, I couldn’t go to school anymore.

Richard

No comments: