Monday, December 12, 2011

Coming to the US

I came to the U.S.in 2011 from Togo. The reason I came here is because I won a U.S. visa lottery. I came here by myself. My trip was about fifteen hours. First I went to Brussels, the capital of Belgium. I spent about five hours in the airport before I took another plane to the U.S. I brought my clothes, shoes and all my documents which contain my birth certificate, my high school diploma and some family pictures. I didn’t plan to come to the U.S. On my first day in the U.S., I saw how big the airport was and I saw a subway train for the first time. I was very happy but at the same time tired. I called my family and some of my friends. The best thing about living in the U.S. is the health care and the job opportunities. But the worst thing is that children don’t respect their parents and they can call the police on their parents. I’m homesick for my family and my girlfriend in my country. I don’t miss the education system and I wouldn’t like to go back to my country and live there because I like my new life in the U.S.

Komlanvi

No comments: