Monday, December 12, 2011

Coming to the US

I came to the U.S. in 2011 from Puerto Rico. I came here with my husband. My trip was 12 hours. First I went to Orlando, then from there to Minnesota. My husband went to Blaine to eat pizza and then we went home to sleep. I brought important papers with me, for example, my ID, Social Security card, birth certificate, clothes and shoes. I planned to come to the United States. On my first day in the U.S., I saw the big airport. On my first day in the U.S., I felt nervous and happy at the same time. On my first day in the U.S., I ate in a restaurant. The best thing about living here are the universities and snow. The worst thing about living here is people speak English. I do not understand people. I am homesick for my family and food in my native country. I don’t miss the drinking in my native country because it causes too many accidents. I would like to go to my country and live there. Sometimes I like and sometimes I don’t like my new life in the United States.

Elizabeth

No comments: