Monday, July 20, 2009

My First Day in The United States

Let me tell you about my first day in America. It was four years ago, but I remember as it was yesterday. I remember meeting my brother’s family at airport, the night that I spent with them and all the strange feelings that I felt.
I arrived to Minneapolis late in the afternoon. My older brother’s family-including, my older sister’s family was waiting for us. They gave me a very nice flower. It was so touching! Everyone had teary eyes.
After collecting my bag we ate dinner and we saw a lot of different food. That time we are in my older sister’s house and everyone was talking at the same time. They had lot of questions about how lived in Thailand and I had many questions for them, too. I was exhausted by the end of the day.
As I was lying in my niece’s bed, a lot of strange feelings come to me. I was happy, excited and scared at the same time. I was happy to be here with my loved ones and excited to learn a lot of new things. I was also scared about school, too.
Now it’s not really hard for me to speak English. I have a nice life, but I will never forget where I came from and the struggles of the first few years in America.

Ka

No comments: