Monday, July 20, 2009

My First Day in The United States

My first day in the United States was October, 2007. I felt excited but I was impressed with new things. My husband came to pick me up at the airport. I met my mother and sister at home. They promised me to take me to go everywhere and ate American food.
In fact, I felt very tired because I went to Minnesota in a long trip. It took me almost eighteen hours to get Minnesota. But I was impressed with high buildings, highways and especially the snow.
Then, I was very happy to meet my mother, my sister and my relatives. We haven’t seen each other for a long time.
After a few days, my family took me to go the Capitol of Minnesota. It located in Saint Paul. This was a big building that I had never seen before. After that, I visited the memorial wall of Vietnamese war in the museum. This was a high art construction that I admired.
After that, they took me to go the American restaurant so I could get to know American food. The food in there was very delicious that I have never eaten before. I like the American food very much.
To me, my first day in the United States was afraid of language, food and weather but I was confident I will get used to new life.

My Xuan

No comments: