Monday, July 20, 2009

My First Day in The United States

Let me tell you about my first day in America. It was eight and a half years ago. I remember everything as it was yesterday. I remember meeting my family at the Minneapolis airport. We had a nice dinner. I was really happy.
I arrived to Philadelphia late in the afternoon. I spent between 2-3 hours at the airport. I travelled again to Minneapolis. I arrived around 10:30pm. My big family including my mother, sister and my brother-in-law was waiting for me with flowers. It was so touching!
After collecting my suitcase we all went to one of my sisters’ house to eat a wonderful “Welcome” dinner. But I was very worried about my daughter because she fell down on the floor. One said I was happy, other said I was sad because of my daughter.
As by the night I was very exhausted I was lying in my bed, a lot of strange feelings came to me. I was happy, excited and sad. I was happy to be here because I see my family after a long time. Also I was scared of the new beginning.

Feven

No comments: