Monday, July 27, 2009

Letter

Dear Friend,
I was so happy when you told me that you were planning to come to Belarus to visit me. There are many things to do and see here, but I think the most interesting place is Brest Fortress Hero.
Brest Fortress is an interesting place to visit. The Memorial is a very important for my country. The Soviet Union began World War II at this place. My grandfather perished the first day of the War near this fortress. It was built in the mid-19 century. It is located in a very beautiful place on the shore of the river Muhavez. The size of the structure is impressive. The height of the walls is 10-15 meters (30-45 feet) and lengthwise it is 6.5 kilometers (about 4 miles) in circumference. Inside the fortress to quartered garrison are about 12 thousand people. There is an open-air museum of military equipment. The fortress organizes excursions. I have visited this place three times and each time I learned something new.
See you soon,
Andrei

No comments: