Monday, May 2, 2011

Personal Memories

My real name is Rosalba. I have a long story to tell. It was a mistake and it is very funny. My mother’s friend picked my name but the problem is she never knew who family was. We had one girl with the name Rosa. She is older. In my country, Mexico, it is very popular for a best friend from the mother’s side to pick a baby’s name. We don’t have a choice. After that, father, mother and friend go together to the church and the pastor covers the baby with clothes and signs papers. They go home to have a party for friends. I use Rosa only for my middle name because the truth is my real name is Rosalba. The problem is everybody calls me Rosa. I don’t have any problem with this but I don’t like it and I don’t have any idea what my name means.

Rosa

No comments: