Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Coming to the US

I came to the U.S. in October 2002 from Mexico. The reason I came here is to visit my father. I am homesick very much. I came here with my cousin, Mayte, and my friend, Jane. My trip was 6 hours. First, I went from Mexico City to Dallas, Texas and then to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I brought one suitcase with clothes, shoes and photos of my family. I planned to come to the United States 3 months before. On my first day in the U.S., I saw people from different countries and listened to different languages. On my first day in the U.S., I felt confused. Everything was different from my country. So, I was feeling happy and nervous. On my first day in the U.S., I went shopping for a jacket, coat and sweaters. I needed clothes to be warm. The worst thing about living here is driving in the snow. It is very difficult for me. I am homesick for my family and friends in my native country. I don’t miss the climate because it’s very hot in my state. I have allergies from being in the sun for a long time. I would like to go back to my native country and visit. I like my new life in the United States.

Adriana

No comments: