Monday, October 18, 2010

Coming to the United States

















I came to the United States in October 1980 because in my country there was a war. People were dying, hungry, and sick. I came with my brother and sister-in-law because my mother and father are in Laos and it is very difficult for them to leave Laos. At that time, I was very sad and I had one brother and sister-in-law in the United States. He sponsored my other brother and me. On my first day in the United States, I saw snow and I was very surprised at everything. I was lonely, but happy. I didn’t know how to go anywhere. I was home every day. I like this country. It is very clean. The thing I like least are the gangster teenagers. I miss my mother and father very much, because they are very old and nobody takes care of them. I don’t miss teenagers drinking alcohol in my native country. I wouldn’t like to go back to my country and live there. I like my new life in the United States.

Ger

No comments: