Monday, February 23, 2009

My Roots

I am from Kazakhstan, but I am Russian. My family has a lot of Russian culture. I want to say about three of them.
The first thing is language. All people from other countries say that Russian language is difficult to learn. Maybe it is true. But for me English is difficult. I speak Russian. I know a lot of songs, tales, and poems on Russian. I would that my son didn’t forget Russian language. It’s very important for me.
The second thing is food. Russian people eat potatoes in different conditions: boiled, fry by frying-pan and bake. Also we eat a lot of vegetables with meat. We like different meat: pork, beef, chicken, rabbits. We drink a lot of tea with milk and some buns or cakes.
And one more thing about my roots is celebration. I want to tell about one national holiday that was on last week. It’s Shrovetide. In this week people cook and eat pancakes. They treat its each other. On Sunday people come to center city. They sing song, dancing, wear national clothes, and compete in different competition.
I would like that my son know and remember these roots from Russia. I would like that his children know from which country our roots. It’s very important for me, because I don’t want that my descendants to forget our relatives from Russia.

Natalya

No comments: