Monday, February 23, 2009

My Roots

I come from Vietnam. My country has an interesting culture. I want to tell three things about culture in my country.
First thing is food. My tropical country has many rivers so we always have vegetables and fish in our meal daily. There are many kinds of vegetables and fish in order that we can change every day. Drinking and eating culture in my country have to mention to traditional cake such as “banh chung” and “banh tet.” It’s made from rice, soybean, meat, and wrap into banana leaf. It’s good taste.
Secondly, I want to introduce to you is our costume. This is “Ao dai” costume. It’s made by many materials as silk, taffeta… Vietnam’s woman will become charming at on special occasions such as Lunar New Year, Wedding…when they wear it. Although we go away from our country, we always bring our costume to remind next generations don’t forget country’s customs.
Last one, I want to talk about language. Reserving original language to youth when they are living in other country is very difficult. Vietnamese has many proverbs and has much slang. It’s fun if you can use it in conversation every day. Moreover, Vietnamese has many meanings for one word. That interesting!
I love my country so much. I’m proud of Vietnam’s culture. I will try hard myself to teach next generations and introduce Vietnam’s culture.

Hoang

No comments: