Monday, February 23, 2009

My Roots

I want to tell you about my roots. It will be very difficult for me, because my roots include elements of different cultures – Russian, Kazakh, Ukraine, and German. There are three things that I want to introduce to you.
First thing is language. My native language is Russian. It is very rich and beautiful language. It is near language with Ukraine (language of my grandfather). German is language of my mother and grandmother. I would like that my children knew these languages.
Secondly, I want to tell about food. We eat different food – Russian “pelmeny”, German “strudel”, Kazakh “besbarmack”, Ukraine “galushky”. Russian people usually eat a lot of meat with noodle. They like bake and eat it. We drink tea almost every meal. It is tradition of my country Kazakhstan. Kazakh people drink black tea very much.
Last one is religion. In my country have very much different religion, but I am Christian Orthodox. I think that Bible and Christian Orthodox rules are matter base for my children’s life.
I’m so proud both of Russian culture, Kazakh culture, Ukraine culture, and German culture, because they have many good traditions. It is unique and very good cultures. I want tell about elements of these cultures to many people. I love my country and its traditions so much.

Svetlana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciated that your story. Thank you.

from Jintana, Transition class