Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Learning English

I started studying English in the US in Haiti in 1998. The first time I came to school to study English, I felt happy because I began to understand and write English. English is difficult because I cannot hear well. The most difficult thing about learning English is the pronunciation. I wish I could speak better English than I am now. I spent six hours every day learning English. I do read and write English outside of school. In my daily life, I had the biggest problem communication in English when I took a driver’s license test. I think learning a second language is easiest when you are five years old because your brain is fresh. The best advice I can give somebody who is going to study English, go to school every day , listen to the Radio and watch T.V. When I came here, I knew a little English. When I compare my English now with my English when I first arrived here, I feel happy because I can speak to my children and everybody.

Joseph

No comments: