Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Learning English

I started studying English in Minnesota in 2010. The first time I came to school to study English, I felt nervous because I didn’t understand English. For me English is difficult because of pronunciation and verbs. The most difficult thing about learning English is grammar. I wish I could speak better English than I can now. I spend 30 minutes every day learning English. I do speak English outside of school; I do read and write English outside of school. In my daily life, I have the biggest problem communicating in English, when my neighbors speak English with me. I think learning a second language is easiest when you are four years old; because my daughter watches TV, English is easy for her. The best advice I can give someone, who is going to study English is go to school every day, watch TV, and listen to the radio. When I came here, I knew zero English, when I compare my English now with my English when I first arrived here, I feel happy because I can help my children with their homework.

Beatriz

No comments: