Monday, May 18, 2009

Life in Belarus and in the U.S.


I am from Belarus. I would like to tell you about life in my country and in the U.S. Life in Belarus and in America have many different things but many are similar. There are three things that I want to introduce to you: weather, school for children and language.
Weather in my country is similar to the weather in Minnesota. There are have four seasons: winter, spring, summer and fall. However, winter in Minnesota is very cold. But here there is very fresh air and many animals and birds. And here is more beautiful than in my country.
When I was a little girl, I watched TV how Americans have yellow buses, which take American children to school. And I think: “Wow, how great there! They have yellow buses to go to school!” In my country children walk to school.
The last thing is the language. In my country people speak two languages: Russian and Belarusian. In America people speak English. Russian or Belarusian language is very hard for American people. Similar, the Americans language is very hard for Russian people. Because the pronunciation is very much different from that as learn at school in my country. However, English language is a very beautiful language, how and Russian too.
Usually, a few people know about Belarus, because Belarus is very small country. Now, I think you know what is different or similar between my country and America.

Iryna

No comments: