Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Coming to The US

I came to the U.S. in April of 2012 from Bosnia. Bosnia is a small country in south Europe. The reason I came here is because my husband lives here. He is an auto mechanic and works part-time in an auto shop. I came here with my daughter. She is thirteen years old. My trip was twenty-five hours because I waited for a long time in the Germany airport. First I went to Philadelphia. Then I flew for four hours on a plane to Minneapolis. I brought clothes, documents and photographs with me. I planned to come to the United States .On my first day in the U.S., I saw many highways. On my first day in U.S., I feel tired. On my first day in U.S., I slept. The best thing about living here is good school for my daughter and I can find a job when I improve my English. I am homesick for my family and friends in my native country. I don’t miss the work in my native country, because my boss usually didn’t give me any money. Sometimes, I waited for two months for the money. I wouldn’t like to go back to my country and live there. I like my new life in the United States. I feel happy here.
Mirsada

No comments: