Monday, July 21, 2008

“MY FIRST YEAR IN MINNESOTA”


I would like to tell you about “MY FIRST YEAR I MINNESOTA”. My name is Qurat-ul-ain.
I am Pakistani woman and I came here to the U.S.A in October 30, 2006 with my husband from Pakistan. There were three things that really surprised me.
First thing was the weather, in Minnesota. I came here is too cold and snowy for me. In my country is too hot but sometimes I enjoyed the snowy season.
Second thing the food, we eat at home because restaurant and other food places are different. But I was really surprised at the many kinds of food in one grocery store.
Third thing the languages, in my country people speak, read, and write in Urdu. In Minnesota most of the people speak English. I came here first time I was confused how to speak English. I didn’t know.
Finally, whenever I had a problem I worked hard. I have been living here for one and a half years but sometimes I especially miss my parents and my brother. As usual I like Minnesota and I am enjoying it with my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its me ur friend.... diamond:) u'll remember.... yaa its tough lifeeee for u ass way of living culture tardition are different there , and being a muslim we always miss our country as our occasions like eid ramazan are not like taht we have in pakisatan..... but a man shold ne capable of doing everyting yar...:) its good u have now been use to that countryy....
pics is very much cooollllllllll:)
tc