Monday, July 21, 2008

My First Year in Minnesota


I would like to tell you about my first year in Minnesota. I passed for a very hard time becouse I arrived to Minneapolis in 2000 from Mexico with my husband and my two children.

My oldest boy Rolando was eight years old and my junger one Javier j Jr was four. I arrived with my sister Lorena. She was living in a house in south Minneapolis. There were two thinks that really surprised me. The big store and the language. The next day I went shopping with to the cub food store.

And I was very surprise for the big store. I missed my small town from I came from. Because in my small town the stores are too small. And I missed my family to especially my parents. When I when to the clinic to take my oldest son to take his shots for school it was a very difficult time for me.

Because nobory was speaking Spanish and I felt lake in another world. I told my son o my gash! Where are we? But my son told me don’t worry mom, I will learn the English language soon and I will help you to speak. When my son told me that I wanted to cry and I give him a hug.

I thoutht it is important come to school to learn English too like my children specially for an emergency. Now I can read, write and speak little. I feel happy now. I miss my family and my town but I feel happy living in Minneapolis.

Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a good story and so sweet you work hard in first year to minnesota but dont worry in future you sucess in life and good speaking english.

Anonymous said...

this is a good story and so sweet maria you work hard in first year to mn but dont worry always you sucess in life and good speaking english