Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Winter Break

I have an interesting story. My family and I went shopping in search of gifts. When we selected gifts and went to the checkout, we saw that, we forgot our credit card at home. We wanted to leave everything there. The woman who stood behind us in line decided to pay for us. We wanted to give her the money back but she refused and said, “Merry Christmas!” We left the supermarket very happy. This was a very good day!

Iryna R.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like holidays, especially Christmas. This winter break I was sick. But I still have very good memories about this holiday’s season.
When I moved to America I was surprised by bright lights and sings. I really liked this. But when Christmas came I was shocked! I am grateful to American people for making this holiday so bright, colorful and beautiful. I love Christmas decorations. In our neighborhood there is a special house. I think the owners of this house are nice people because their house looked like a fairytale at Christmas. There was Santa Claus, Disney characters, reindeer, Christmas trees, and lots and lots of bright colorful lights. It was magnificent! I walked by this house and enjoyed the view many times.
I like Christmas decorations because it brings me joy and happiness.

Iryna K.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My winter break was very interesting. I felt very happy because I went shopping, celebrated New Year together with my friend. I cooked Lebanon food and Iraqi food. On New Year’s Day was birthday my husband. My son and I went to a dollars store to buy dishes, spoons, forks for the party. My son was very happy. Next day my husband gave me gifts. It was nice to spent time together.
At 5:00PM I went to put on makeup. After I went to the kitchen to make coffee, watch TV, listen to music, dance together. I spent very nice time with my friend. Our children played games on the computer. At 8:00PM we set the table and put our food on the table.
We gathered together in the room to eat dinner. During the dinner I took a picture for them.
After the dinner was over I went to wash to dishes and make some tea.
They stayed to watch TV. When the clock struck 12, I didn’t hear it. Three minutes later I saw my
Clock read 12:30 AM. Everybody said that it went fast but everyone wished to each other happy
New Year. The clock read 3:00AM and our children to bed but they didn’t want sleep to yet.
We took our children to bed but they didn’t want to sleep because they wanted to play more. The next day we woke up and made breakfast. We ate together and drank juice. I made a wish
for a life and to go to my country to celebrate it with my family.

Jamila

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like December. There are 3 birthdays. December first we celebrated Emily’s birthday with the
Family. Then we celebrated Christmas and Liza’s birthday. We cooked for the holidays and
Birthdays the same time. Then came New Year and another birthday. This time it was
David’s birthday. We celebrated with the whole family, giving presents to each other,
watching TV, waiting for Jesus, and waiting for the holiday and birthday. I love my
family and I love December.

Liubovi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a good winter break on Christmas day. I had a big family get together. We cooked a lot of food and we ate. We played the blackjack game for fun. All the children talked with other and played some games. We talked and some people sang. At 10:00 p.m. my brother in law gave some toys and candies for my children. They were very happy. We played games until 4:30 a.m. and then we went to bed. Next morning we woke up late.

Ngoan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a good winter break. The first day of New Year was Saturday. When I woke up in the morning I started cooking because I had new friend coming over to my house when they came at 3; pm set down to eat . They liked my food. Then we talked about Iraq. My older son had meeting with the boy scouts. The rest of the family went to the theater to watch a new movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks. My kids liked the movie then we went home and rested.

Wisam

No comments: