Monday, June 8, 2009

My First Day in America


I came to the United States on January 27, 2009, about four months ago. I came to the United States because my husband and I were engaged. When I passed my interview in the embassy my fiancĂ© bought a ticket for me to come to the U.S.A. I wasn’t nervous about my trip because my fiancĂ© took care of everything. When I landed at the airport of the United States. There was a lot of snow and it was very cold. I said “Oh! I only saw snow of a movie. Now I can see and touch it myself.”
The first problem was that I didn’t know English. I couldn’t speak, and I couldn’t drive a car. Everything was difficult. I thought that when I lived in my country I was smart, but right now I look like a baby. It’s very different. Even though I always think someday my hope will come true. One month later after coming to the United States, I went to ESL school. Three month later, I feel it’s quite easy because I understand what teachers say and I have a lot of friends at school. They are from different countries. Now I can drive the car and I can speak English a little. I think my hope will never be lost.

Kou

No comments: