Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Carl‘s Afternoon in the Park by Alexandra Day

One day, Mary with her baby daughter Kathy, Mary’s sister Jacky, dog Carl and puppy Sparky are in the park. Carl says to the little girl, “Please, jump on my back. Let’s visit other places.” Kathy jumps on his back. Sparky says, “Let’s go!”.
They go to the other park. Little Kathy asks, “What’s that? I want to go there.” So Carl walks there. They come to the flower garden. Carl says, “I feel so hot.” Sparky picks up the hose and opens the water, the water goes out of the hose. They splash water over each other. They are so happy to play on the ground. They hear some woman say, “Do you want balloon? It is free.” Kathy takes a red balloon; it is shaped like a dog. Sparky likes the blue balloon, the balloon is very big. “Help me! Help me!” cries Sparky as the balloon is carrying him away. Carl tells Kathy to hold Sparky‘s legs. She tells Sparky, “Open your mouth!” Sparky opens his mouth and now he is back on the ground.
Someone says, “We have free ice cream for you.” The three of them take an ice cream cone. The ice cream tastes good on a hot summer day.
They walk to the train and sit down. The train takes them to the children’s zoo.
“Wow! Here are our friends!” Carl said. There is a girl talking to a seal. “Hello seal are you staying here every day?” asks the girl. Seal answers,” Yeah, I am. I like people around me.” The little girl asks where the baby seal is. The seal says, “I don’t have one.” Sparky sits down on the baby sheep. The mother sheep says, “Children, please walk slowly. Take care of Sparky; He is on your back.”Another little girl says,”Hi! Baby. Why do pigs have four feet?” Kathy asks Carl then, “Are you sure we only have two feet?” Another girl started laughing. And the donkey starting crying ,” Ouzo !Our! Ou!” Carl says, “Kathy, let’s go to the other park.”
They walk for fifteen minutes, they play on the swing. Kathy says, am enjoying this.” Carl says,”It was very good, I bet you feel well!”Carl pushes the swing , and Kathy feels like she is flying Sparky plays on the other slide and the sings ,”One, two, three, four.” Sparky says,” Wow, I’m scared!” Kathy says,”Sparky, don’t worry. I hope you feel better, it’s ok!”
Carl walks to the slide. He says,”Sparky, I’ve got you!” Suddenly Sparky says,”Oh my! I want to look through binoculars. I see a red bird on the tree.” “Well. I see beige on the leaves,” Kathy says. Carl says,”Oh-oh! You guys see mother and Mary? They are talking and drinking tea, do you think they are worrying about us?”
Kathy hops on Carl’s back and the three of them go back to the park. They are tired because the weather is hot. They sit on the ground. The flowers around them smell very well. Sparky says,”I’m so tired. I can’t walk anymore.” Carl says, “Please come on, Sparky! We need to go back home to Mom.” Kathy sits on Carl’s back. Kathy says, “I wish I could see Mom. I miss her.” “I am here, sweetheart!” says Mom. Mom gives Kathy a hug.

Yaru and Gulshama

No comments: