Monday, June 9, 2008

Gold Fish




In one place near the sea lived an old man with his old wife. Usually this man went to the sea and fished. One time he caught Gold Fish and when he took her she spoke to him. “Please set me free to the Black Sea. I’ll do what you want,” said Gold Fish. He went home and told his wife about this. She said to him, “Go back to the sea and ask the fish to fix my old broken sink.” He went to the sea; and Fish did what he asked for. Grandfather went back to his wife, and she said, “Our house is old. Go! Go to the fish, and ask her for a new one.” He did as she asked. Then Grandmother said that she wanted to be rich. The old man went to the sea, and Gold Fish did as he requested. Then his wife said, “I don’t want to be just rich I want to be the sea queen. And the fish has to be my pet.” Grandfather went to the sea, but it started to storm. He told Gold Fish what his wife wanted, but she only told him, “Go home.” When he came home, he only saw his wife near her old broken sink. Sergey S.

No comments: